The Cypress Bay High School Baseball Program’s mission is to help the student athlete build championship character through hard work, discipline, and respect, and a burning desire to succeed at the highest levels of high school and beyond. It is also aimed to instill in each player the mental and physical aspects of the game and to prepare them to compete on a TEAM, where class and sportsmanship are first and foremost. Furthermore, emphasis is placed on academic success and on having a quality relationship with Cypress Bay High School faculty, staff, administration, and fellow students. Finally, it is vitally important for our program give back to the community through player volunteerism and support for the disadvantaged.
- Maintain the highest grades possible with the minimum cumulative GPA acceptable to play set at 2.0.
- Strive to exemplify leadership qualities on and off the field regardless of your role on the team.
- Practice and play with a purpose, giving 100% to your effort towards the game when you’re between the lines.
- Demand accountability and responsibility as a foundation to do things the right way, the first time.
- Promote the positive qualities of your baseball program to your community at large. Lead by example whenever you’re around others who look up to you.
- Respect the game by respecting yourself first and, then, your parents, coaches, umpires and teammates around you.
- Conduct yourself as a true gentleman and ball player in your local community and when you’re traveling outside of your community.